Friday, November 12, 2010

First one

This one will be my first post i have started this blog because sometimes when i test stones i dustcover new thinks that i will forget very quick and forget to writ it on my website. Some of info i am not sure that is true so i can not write it as reliable information on natural stones so it is better i write it in blog.

One example is today when i got very big and nice Ozuko suita.
When i started to test it it was very clear that it was softer ozuko. But can it be very fine and soft at same time ??
That is my biggest mystery. I know for sure that natural stones can be very hard and coarse but soft and very fine i have not discover yet .
I return to that Ozuko  I tested it first on knife slurry came very easy and feeling was very smooth  i looked at the finish and it was finer then i was expecting from that feeling and softness. So i needed to test it on razor  i took one of my traditional japanes razors and started to sharpen slurry came very quick feeling was ok not super smooth like very hard ozukos has.
I took microscope and started to experiment with that se how big scratch patterns is with hard ozuko and soft one i was piety sure that soft one will be similar scratch patterns then hard ozukos. But it was not the case hard ozukos was just finer, a lot finer.
But still this soft ozuko was finer and harder then any Iwasaki Nakayamas that i had tryout.

Here are some pics witch stone i talk about :)





3 comments:

  1. Maxim,
    glad you made the blog now we will have a great reference tool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maxim,
    thanks for your experience that you put in our service.
    Marco

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog, Maxim. You inspired me to start my own blog about our mutual passion. Feel free to drop in :o)

    http://darkhoek.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete