Sunday, June 10, 2012

Shigefusa

As many of you know, I have officially become the retailer for both Shigefusa and Yoshihide (Iizuka-san son) knives.

No doubt, if you have ordered one of these masterpieces in the past, you already know that wait times on a Shigefusa or Yoshihide is quite long and can vary substantially with the particular knife you have requested. This wait time, can often be frustrating and difficult for everyone concerned, including me because I adore their knives as much as anyone J

I must also admit that I am not a big fan of taking custom orders for Shigefusa, as I simply have no time frame for when they will arrive, and I hate taking peoples money upfront and then wasting their time on waiting for a product that may take months to arrive.

But, I encourage you to email me your wishes for Shigefusa and Yoshihide knives and at that time I will let know if I will able to order it for you or not. I always order more than one, so there is a great possibility that a similar knife may already be under progress, and thus finished far sooner than any single custom order!

As an example, I currently have many knives on order from Iizuka-san and his son that are already in progress and should ship soon, very few of which have owners.

So in the future, I have developed a system that I believe will make the process much simpler and far easier for all involved: You, Me, and Shigefusa.

This is the Plan:

I will make a subscriber mailing list that is only for people interested in Shigefusa and Yoshihide knives. You can subscribe this mailing list and as soon as I am made aware that knives are shipping, I will send a group subscriber email out. Then, the first to respond will have the first pick of the knives.

As part of the email, I will also describe what kinds of knives are shipping, as well as a current market price list.



BUT, PLEASE NOTE: I will keep all of my current promises and obligations to all those who have already ordered Shigefusa and Yoshihide knives. Those who have ordered previously, but who have not yet received their knives, will be informed first.

Thank you for your understanding and Support,



Maxim

No comments:

Post a Comment